Astronaut Scholarship Foundation
The Astronaut Scholarship Foundation is seeking nominations for its $10,000 scholarship for an outstanding Penn State engineering, math or natural or applied sciences major. Students nominated for Astronaut Scholarships should exhibit motivation, imagination, and exceptional performance in the science or engineering field of their major and should be intellectually daring in order to join the ranks of the elite Astronaut Scholars.
Office Application Deadline: February 16, 2018 by 12:00 pm EST
- U.S citizen
- Full-time sophomore or junior (1-2 years of study remaining after applying)
- Completed at least 2 years of full-time study at Penn State by the fall semester following your application
- Majoring in a STEM field
Application Process: The university is allowed to nominate up to two applicants, so there is an internal selection process. Applications are submitted directly to our office by the date above. Applicants will be notified within one to two weeks if they've been nominated or not. Nominees will have a chance to revise their materials, if necessary, prior to final submission. To be considered for nomination applicants must submit directly to our office via email or hardcopy (firstname.lastname@example.org or 321 Boucke Bldg.) the following materials:
- Application form (available below)
- Personal research statement (instructions at the beginning of the application form)
- Resume or academic CV
- Unofficial transcript
- Two letters of recommendation from Penn State faculty members
- Letters should come directly from your references and can be emailed so long as they are on letterhead and have a signature
Please note that while ASF uses the term nominator, your nominator is just your lead reference, and you should ask for their support as you would for any other opportunity. You can complete the application yourself, and do not need to be asked to apply by anyone.