The Churchill Scholarship provides funding to American students for a year of Master’s study in science, mathematics, and engineering at the University of Cambridge, based at Churchill College. The Scholarship was set up at the request of Sir Winston Churchill in order to fulfill his vision of US-UK scientific exchange with the goal of advancing science and technology on both sides of the Atlantic, helping to ensure our future prosperity and security. Churchill Scholars receive funding for one year of graduate study, including tuition, stipend, and travel expenses.
- Senior or recent alum
- U.S. citizen
- Between 19 and 26 years old
- Exceptional academic achievement in all disciplines, especially in the major (at least 3.7, usually 3.9 or above)
Application Process: Given that Churchill requires the university to nominate its candidates, there is an office application deadline and campus evaluation process. To be considered for nomination, applicants must submit the following materials via the InfoReady application portal:
- One essay (750 -1000 words) indicating applicant’s academic and other relevant interests, including a brief statement matching current academic background to proposed course of study
- Indication of scholarship(s) for which they wish to be nominated
- Two letters of recommendation addressed to the campus evaluation committee
- List of additional letter writers and brief descriptions of the contexts in which you know each (6-8 for Rhodes, 3-5 for Marshall, Mitchell and Churchill)Curriculum vitae or resume
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae or resume
- Unofficial transcript
Office Application Deadline: March 18, 2018
Applicants will be notified if they've been selected to move forward in the nomination process in mid-April.