Marshall Scholarships fund young Americans to a pursue a graduate degree (Master’s or PhD) in the United Kingdom in any almost field of study. Up to forty Scholars are selected each year.
For more information, you can view a presentation explaining the basics of the Marshall Scholarship program.
- Senior and beyond
- First bachelor degree earned no earlier than April two years prior to application
- U.S. citizen
- 3.7 GPA minimum (3.8 or above highly recommended)
- Evidence of leadership
Application Process: Given that Marshall requires the university to nominate its candidates, there is an office application deadline and campus evaluation process. To be considered for nomination, applicants must submit the following materials via the InfoReady application portal:
- One essay (750 -1000 words) indicating applicant’s academic and other relevant interests, including a brief statement matching current academic background to proposed course of study
- Indication of scholarship(s) for which they wish to be nominated
- Two letters of recommendation addressed to the campus evaluation committee
- List of additional letter writers and brief descriptions of the contexts in which you know each (6-8 for Rhodes, 3-5 for Marshall, Mitchell and Churchill)
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae or resume
- Unofficial transcript
Office Application Deadline: March 18, 2019
Applicants will be notified if they've been selected to move forward in the nomination process in mid-April.