Marshall Scholarships finance young Americans of high ability to study for a degree in the United Kingdom. Up to forty Scholars are selected each year to study at graduate level at any UK institution in any field of study. For more information, you can view a presentation explaining the basics of the Marshall Scholarship program.
- Senior and beyond
- First bachelor’s earned no earlier than April two years prior to application
- U.S. citizen
- 3.7 GPA minimum (3.8 or above highly recommended)
- Demonstrate evidence of leadership
Office Application Deadline: March 18, 2018
Application Process: The university must officially nominate candidates, so there is an internal nomination process. To be considered for nomination applicants must submit the following materials via the InfoReady application portal (available here soon) by the deadline above:
- One essay (750 -1000 words) indicating applicant’s academic and other relevant interests, including a brief statement matching current academic background to proposed course of study
- Indication of scholarship(s) for which they wish to be nominated
- Two letters of recommendation
- List of additional letter writers (6-8 for Rhodes, 3-5 for Marshall, Mitchell and Churchill)
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Unofficial transcript
Applicants will be notified if they've been selected to move forward in the nomination process by mid-April.