The Rhodes Scholarships, the oldest international fellowships, were initiated after the death of Cecil Rhodes in 1902, and bring outstanding students from many countries around the world to the University of Oxford.
- Senior and beyond
- U.S. citizen or lawful resident for at least five years at time of application
- Between 18 and 23 years old on October 1st the year of application
- 3.7 GPA minimum (3.8 or above highly recommended)
- Evidence of leadership
Application Process: Given that Rhodes requires the university to nominate its candidates, there is an office application deadline and campus evaluation process. To be considered for nomination, applicants must submit the following materials via the InfoReady application portal:
- One essay (750 -1000 words) indicating applicant’s academic and other relevant interests, including a brief statement matching current academic background to proposed course of study
- Indication of scholarship(s) for which they wish to be nominated
- Two letters of recommendation addressed to the campus evaluation committee
- List of additional letter writers and brief descriptions of the contexts in which you know each (6-8 for Rhodes, 3-5 for Marshall, Mitchell and Churchill)Curriculum vitae or resume
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae or resume
- Unofficial transcript
Office Application Deadline: March 18, 2018
Applicants will be notified if they've been selected to move forward in the nomination process in mid-April.