Student Engagement Network Grant Program
Sponsored by Undergraduate Education, Student Affairs, & Outreach & Online Education, the Student Engagement Network Grant provides funding of up to $3,000 to support engagement experiences including undergraduate research (thesis and capstone projects), professional experiences (internship, co-op, clinical and field experiences, etc.), study abroad/study away, community-based learning, creative accomplishments, courses with out-of-class component, organization experiences, peer mentoring, self-directed student engagement (such as leadership programs), and volunteerism.
The grants may be used to cover unpaid internships, research opportunities, travel costs, event fees, supplies and materials, books, software for projects and presentations. Grants cannot be used to cover tuition, student club or organization fees, unsupervised research, or personal bills or expenses.
- Undergraduate student
- For summer funding, applicant must be enrolled in summer courses or registered for fall classes
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing
- Engagement experience must take place within the current funding cycle
- A completed online application form
- Description of engagement experience
- Impact statement
- Growth area statements one on professional development and the other on one of the areas listed below (i.e., how the engagement experience will transform you)
- Multicultural awareness (Skills for appropriate action across a multitude of cultural situations)
- Civic responsibility (Duty to make a difference or change/impact in a community)
- Ethical reasoning (Ability to recognize ethical issues in a variety of settings)
- Systems thinking (Understanding how parts work in context to a larger system)
- Funding need statement including a budget
- Budget template provided on SEN website
- Letter of support from a supervisor, mentor, or lead teacher
Fall & Spring funding - September 6th, 2019
Spring & Maymester funding - December 2nd, 2019
Maymester & Summer funding – March 20th,2020
Applications must be submitted directly using the online application system.