Women Techmakers Scholars Program
Dr. Anita Borg devoted her adult life to revolutionizing the way we think about technology and dismantling barriers that keep women and minorities from entering computing and technology fields. Her combination of technical expertise and fearless vision continues to inspire and motivate countless women to become active participants and leaders in creating technology. In her honor, Google is proud to honor Anita's memory and support women in technology with the Women Techmaker's Scholarship (formerly the Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship). Google hopes to encourage women to excel in computing and technology and become active role models and leaders in the field.
Women Techmakers Scholars will each receive $10,000 USD (for students in the US) or $5,000 CAD (for students in Canada) for the 2018-2019 academic year. A group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate's academic background and demonstrated leadership and impact on the community. All scholarship recipients will be invited to attend the annual Google Scholars' Retreat in Mountain View, California in 2018 to connect with fellow scholars, network with Googlers and participate in a number of development workshops. Professional development and community outreach opportunities will continue to be offered after the retreat. As a Women Techmakers Scholar, you will join a global community of Scholars Program participants designed to provide a forum to share resources, support other women in tech and collaborate on projects to make a continued impact.
- Identify as female
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2017-2018 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters or PhD program at a university in the United States or Canada for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science.
Application Deadline: December