Undergraduate Research Ambassadors
The newly renamed Office for Undergraduate Research & Fellowships Mentoring (formerly the University Fellowships Office) is seeking applications for its inaugural Undergraduate Research Ambassadors program in Fall 2020. The goal of the program is to help represent research and creative activity in various multi-disciplinary academic fields throughout the Penn State community, from humanities and social sciences to business to visual and performing arts to STEM. This program is a volunteer opportunity. Ambassadors will help to represent undergraduate research at their home campus to fellow undergraduates, faculty and staff, and alumni.
- Currently enrolled Penn State undergraduate in good academic standing
- Minimum overall grade point average of 3.0
- Have participated in undergraduate research for at least two semesters OR one full summer
- Interest and ability to share about your research experience at Penn State
- Ability to provide an encouraging, supportive environment for culturally diverse students
Undergraduate Research Ambassadors should have a passion for promoting undergraduate research at Penn State and helping students connect with various research opportunities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Meeting individually with fellow undergraduates to help peers get involved with research on campus
- Participating in panel discussions and other events
- Being available to visit classes and student organizations to describe research opportunities
Interested students should submit the following application materials to Office for Undergraduate Research & Fellowships Mentoring (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Cover letter
- Current resume or CV
- Unofficial transcript
- One letter of recommendation from a research mentor that speaks to your experience as a researcher and student leader. Mentors can email the office directly with their letters.